While some people like the smell of fresh paint, others don’t. For some with allergies or respiratory problems, the odor can be incredibly uncomfortable. Traditional interior paint has a high level of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) which are potentially harmful to the human body.
Harmful Effects of Paint Fumes
Some harmful effects of inhaling paint fumes include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Asthma attacks
- Irritation of the throat, nose and eyes
- Skin rashes
If interior paint affects you like this, then you would have to stay away from your home for sometimes a couple of days after the job is finished.
The Benefits of Odorless Paint
For interior painting, we use only Natura® No-VOC paint from Benjamin Moore®. This paint is virtually odorless, allowing you to return to your space very quickly. Just don’t touch the walls until it’s dried please. 😉
This is our favorite interior paint because:
- It’s the ONLY true No VOC paint on the market. Other manufacturers claim No VOC, but they actually do have VOCs in the tint.
- It’s available in any color
- It is a combined paint and primer so we only have to paint once
- No VOCs also means it’s better for the environment
- The manufacturing process for this paint is also green because it produces very low emissions
- No detectable odor
Going green with your choice of paints doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality. The eco paint is highly durable, promising to give you the vibrant colors of your choice which will last for many years to come.
With this paint, clean-up is quick and easy— and there is no need to avoid the room that is being painted. All activities can go on as normal as soon as the paint dries.
Choosing the best home décor options also means choosing what will be the healthiest and safest choice for you and your family. When it comes to paints, an odorless, eco-friendly paint is the best way to go.